Galatians 2:20a
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not i, but Christ liveth in me:
My Life Verse

Ephesians 6:6

Not with eyeservice, as men pleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Finding Neverland

This is an actual conversation my cuz faithy and i have been having over the past couple days.
You may start to sympathize as you read but please do not...we are happy in our insanity.







Finding Neverland
Pt 1
By Faith Sparkman and Rachael Campbell
(in txting format)


Rach: I hate change...gettin ready 4 college etc.

Faith: Oh yea i kno!! But its kool at the same time tho:)

Rach: Kool...eh..i could live with out change...without growing up...lets go to neverland!

Faith: Sweet!! Wen we leavin??

Rach: well, since it's a cloudy nite, not now...we hav 2 wait til its clear so we can c the 2nd star to the right.

Rach: i'll let ya know when it's clear....laters....:)

Two nights later:

rach: I checked and the skys are clear...i can see the 2nd star on the right...are you ready to go tonight?

Faith: Haha!! Yea lets go...Now!! But i can't fly :(

Rach: oh TINKER BELL!!! tink where r u? i dont c her...will...just think HAPPY THOUGHTS & they LEFT u into the air!!!!

Faith: I'm thinking of Hmmm...Raindrops on roses and wiskers on kittens bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens:) its not workin:(

Rach: try candy and pop corn and COCA COLA!!! and diamonds and rubies.

Faith: I'ma tryin!! I'm still not goin anywhere! Wats wrong wit me? Can you fly?

Rach: will...fly...no..float..ish sorta...maybe we ought to practice for a week or so...

Faith: Yea i agree!!! Man ..this is annoyin.. Will we ever get to never land??

Rach: I hope so.. maybe we are too old to go! :( i might cry....maybe we should seek out the fountian of youth..

Faith: ya kno we prob are!! :( and yea i think we should.. where should we start lookin??

Rach: im not sure..mayb we should meditate on it..& bec informed me she kidnapped tink thats why we cant find her.

Faith: tell bec to release her @ once!!!

Rach: oh tae...but she is holding her under ransom for captian hook and we can't get him till we go 2 neverland.

Faith: ah man!!! Things are goin terrible for us:(

Rach: I know...maybe we ought to just lock ourselves up in a rubber room and eat worms! :(

Faith: uh Eww!! No thanks :) i'd rather get old:)

Rach: don't think i'd mind the rubber room..but ur right bout da worms...oh tae well im gonna meditate on where da fount of youth is...night!

Next day:

Rach: I meditated all last nite and i think the fount of youth is in indonesia. Tho i'm feelin vibes from Hawaii too!

Faith: ha!:) didn't o any meditation but i have a feeling its here in da US but not sure... i'm likin those vibes from hawaii tho!

Rach: hmm...maybe we should travel to hawaii by ship(cruise) thata way we can stop along the way and look.

Faith: oh i totally agree. But it'd be completely for business purposes only:)

Rach: yep..business only...we mite b gone 4 sometime tho and mite miss some things lets build a time machine!

Faith: Alrite time machine it is! :) but do u kno how to build one?

Rach: hmmm...mayb...i bet NASA know! we could ask them!

Faith: Ohh!! yea! Can u give em a call cuz i wanna leave tonight!

Rach: alrighty...we may have to telepathically contact them tho cause i think they are orbiting jupiter today :(

Faith: uhoh not good. Well call tinker bell and she can fly up there and ask for us:)

Rach: Hmmm..bf we set out on this complicated mission 2 find the fount of youth..does it make us younger so we can go to neverland or does it just freeze time? cause that wouldn't help us a bit...or would it?

Faith: hmm..lets just try to find the fountian of youth...cuz i would rather be young and live that freeze in time. You?

Rach: hmmm. i thought the point of going to neverland was to freeze time...well at least not live thru it.

Faith: this is confusing! I wanna go to the fountian of youth please! :)

Rach: alright...i booked our cruise..forget the time machine...we leave in an hour.

Faith: Alrite..sounds great! But wait??! Where is it pickin us up @??

Rach: ya know that creek by your house? its comin right thru there...but hurry it only stops for a few mins.

Rach: then i comes by our creek and heads west....

Faith: Alrite..i'll be ready...is it sorta like the polar express??

Rach: yep...you got the idea........:)

Faith: alrightly! But wait! shouldn't it be close to Christmas for the polar express to come?

Rach: babe...little do you know Christmans is CLOSE

Faith: oh really? Wow.. then i'll be waitin for it!!:)

One Hour Later:

Rach: well were halfway 2 CA...train takes a long time! where are u? i can't find u... U DIDN'T MISS IT DID U??

Faith: Wat??! I'm goin to china!!?

Rach: Oh no! u got on the POLAR express...i'm on the ANTIPOLAR express! (hawaii aint cold therfore the anti)

Faith: oh man! well we'll have to switch

Rach: no no no.... u are are on the wrong train.. i is on the right one...why don't we split up & u search indonesia...ur already goin the general direction right?

Faith: no now i'm goin to japan...are you sure were gettin this right?

Rach: i have no idea...does it have anything to do with the price of eggs in china?

Faith: Yes it has everything to do with that!! but japan isn't much better! Wat bout CA?

Rach: i'm on a boat to hawaii now...i think we are takin on water tho...we might have to swim.

Faith:oh no! Well we might have to walk here..our plane is takin an emergency landing

Rach: well let me know what u find and i'll do likewise.

To Be Continued



No comments:

I Have Been Blessed!!!!


THE ROOM

In that place between wakefulness and dreams, I found myself in the room.
There were no distinguishing features except for the one wall covered with small index card files. They were like the ones in libraries that list titles by author or subject in alphabetical order. But these files, which stretched from floor to ceiling and seemingly endless in either direction, had very different headings. As I drew near the wall of files, the first to
catch my attention was one that read "Girls I have liked." I opened it and began flipping through the cards. I quickly shut it, shocked to realize that I recognized the names written on each one. And then without being told, I knew exactly where I was.

This lifeless room with its small files was a crude catalog system for my life. Here were written the actions of my every moment, big and small, in a detail my memory couldn't match. A sense of wonder and curiosity, coupled with horror, stirred within me as I began randomly opening files and exploring their content. Some brought joy and sweet memories; others a sense of shame and regret so intense that I would look over my shoulder to see if anyone was watching.

A file named "Friends" was next to one marked "Friends I have betrayed." The titles ranged from the mundane to the outright weird "Books I Have Read," "Lies I Have Told," "Comfort I have Given," "Jokes I Have Laughed at." Some
were almost hilarious in their exactness: "Things I've yelled at my brothers." Others I couldn't laugh at: "Things I Have Done in My Anger", "Things I Have Muttered Under My Breath at My Parents." I never ceased to be surprised by the contents.

Often there were many more cards than I expected. Sometimes fewer than I hoped. I was overwhelmed by the sheer volume of the life I had lived. Could it be possible that I had the time in my years to fill each of these thousands or even millions of cards? But each card confirmed this truth.
Each was written in my own handwriting. Each signed with my signature.

When I pulled out the file marked "TV Shows I have watched", I realized the files grew to contain their contents. The cards were packed tightly, and yet after two or three yards, I hadn't found the end of the file. I shut it, shamed, not so much by the quality of shows but more by the vast time I knew that file represented.

When I came to a file marked "Lustful Thoughts," I felt a chill run through my body. I pulled the file out only an inch, not willing to test its size and drew out a card. I shuddered at its detailed content.

I felt sick to think that such a moment had been recorded. An almost animal rage broke on me. One thought dominated my mind: No one must ever see these cards! No one must ever see this room! I have to destroy them!" In insane frenzy I yanked the file out. Its size didn't matter now. I had to empty it
and burn the cards. But as I took it at one end and began pounding it on the floor, I could not dislodge a single card. I became desperate and pulled out a card, only to find it as strong as steel when I tried to tear it.

Defeated and utterly helpless, I returned the file to its slot. Leaning my forehead against the wall, I let out a long, self-pitying sigh.

And then I saw it. The title bore "People I Have Shared the Gospel With." The handle was brighter than those around it, newer, almost unused. I pulled on its handle and a small box not more than three inches long fell into my hands. I could count the cards it contained on one hand.

And then the tears came. I began to weep. Sobs so deep that they hurt. They started in my stomach and shook through me. I fell on my knees and cried. I cried out of shame, from the overwhelming shame of it all. The rows of file shelves swirled in my tear-filled eyes. No one must ever, ever know of this
room. I must lock it up and hide the key. But then as I pushed away the tears, I saw Him.

No, please not Him. Not here. Oh, anyone but Jesus. I watched helplessly as He began to open the files and read the cards. I couldn't bear to watch His response. And in the moments I could bring myself to look at His face, I saw
a sorrow deeper than my own.

He seemed to intuitively go to the worst boxes. Why did He have to read every one? Finally He turned and looked at me from across the room. He looked at me with pity in His eyes. But this was a pity that didn't anger me. I dropped my head, covered my face with my hands and began to cry again.
He walked over and put His arm around me. He could have said so many things. But He didn't say a word. He just cried with me.

Then He got up and walked back to the wall of files. Starting at one end of the room, He took out a file and, one by one, began to sign His name over mine on each card. "No!" I shouted rushing to Him. All I could find to say was "No, no," as I pulled the card from Him. His name shouldn't be on these cards. But there it was, written in red so rich, so dark, so alive. The name
of Jesus covered mine. It was written with His blood. He gently took the card back. He smiled a sad smile and began to sign the cards. I don't think I'll ever understand how He did it so quickly, but the next instant it seemed I heard Him close the last file and walk back to my side.

He placed His hand on my shoulder and said, "It is finished." I stood up, and He led me out of the room. There was no lock on its door. There were still cards to be written.
- Brian Moore